The current Zoning Officer/Property Maintenance Administrators are:
Dean VonBlohn – Mahoning Township
Phone: 570-275-5521 EX. 5
Jim Dragano – Cooper Township
Phone: 570-275-5521 EX. 8
ZONING HOURS OF OPERATION ARE:
Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 3:00pm : Closed – Friday’s
******BUILDING & RENOVATION PERMITS ARE REQUIRED IN MAHONING & COOPER TOWNSHIPS******
- Administrator of all activities within the Townships relating to interpretation of the Ordinances and the issuing or processing of permits where required by the following, the Zoning Ordinance Chapter 250, The Subdivision Land Development Ordinance Chapter 211, Stormwater Management Ordinance Chapter 202, and the International Property Maintenance Code of 2012.
- To forward all plans for Subdivision or Land Development to the Township Engineer for review, comment or recommendation.
Zoning Hearing Board:
This board consists of 4 members and 2 alternates, appointed by the Supervisors. The board does not meet on a regular schedule. It meets at 6:00 PM within sixty (60) days from the date of the application when applications are submitted warranting or requiring a hearing regarding the Zoning Regulations found in Chapter 250 of the Mahoning Township Zoning Ordinance. Members of this board are not allowed to serve Mahoning Township in any other capacity.
The Current members of the Mahoning/Cooper Joint Zoning Hearing Board are:
John Yoder, Chairman (Mahoning)
Jeff Shultz (Mahoning)
Mike Styer (Cooper)
Alternate: Paul Matrishion
This board acts as an independent board to conduct hearings involving any of the following:
- The appeal of any decision made by the Zoning Officer or Municipal engineer in the administration of the Zoning Ordinance.
- An application requesting a variance.
- A validity challenger of the Township Zoning Ordinance.
- An application requesting an interpretation of the Zoning Ordinance.
Andrew Barton, LIVIC Civil
Building plans examiner/and building permit officials:
- Building Inspection Underwriters. INC (BIU)
Contact person: Mathew Witmer
You can use the buttons below to DOWNLOAD the applications in PDF format. You must print the application and fill it out and bring it to the Mahoning Township zoning office at 849 Bloom Road, Danville, PA 17821. Do not email the application. If you have any questions or concerns about the applications or the process please visit the Mahoning Township zoning office or call (570) 275-5521.